Features and Benefits
Multi-purpose spending companion – Your GTBank Naira MasterCard is capable of making all forms of local and international payments across all channels (ATM, POS, Online) such as:
- School Tuition & Accommodation Fees: Denominated in any major currency, from anywhere in the world you can cover tuition and accommodation payments for your wards via online (internet) banking, the payment portal on the website of the educational institution or in person using the merchant’s POS terminal.
- Airline tickets/Hotel Reservations: From the comfort of your sofa at home, you can book your air tickets and pay for your stay at a hotel anywhere in the world before you even leave Nigeria by using your Naira MasterCard on the merchant’s website.
- Shopping Online: With your card, you no longer have to wait until you travel to shop. You can now do so at many international websites that offer delivery to Nigeria such as ASOS, Amazon, Victoria Secret, River Island, Hawes and Curtis and many more.
- Medical expenses: Are you or your loved ones travelling abroad for a routine medical check or a major procedure? Your Naira MasterCard can conveniently take care of your medical bill payments either before you travel or when you are abroad so that you can focus on your healthcare treatment.
- Cash Back on all local POS purchases: Your GTBank Naira MasterCard is also a debit card that gives back. When you pay for local transactions on the merchants POS terminal, you receive a percentage of the transaction as cash in your account.
- Safety - Your card eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash and has security features such as Chip and PIN technology which guards against unauthorized transactions. The card also uses Card Secure which is an additional verification feature for web (online) transactions. Please visit www.gtbank.com/cardsecure for a guide on how to register for this service.
The card is valid for 3 years
Issued automatically to all Guaranty Trust Bank individual current and savings account holders.
- Local ATM Withdrawals: N150,000
- Local POS transactions: N1,000,000
- International ATM Withdrawals: N300,000*
- International POS transactions: N2,000,000*
*(or its equivalent in the currency of the country you are transacting)
Introducing CardSecure from Guaranty Trust Bank
GTBank CardSecure is a new service from Guaranty Trust Bank plc that protects your GTBank cards (MasterCard & Visa) from unauthorized use, whilst ensuring your online transactions and payments are protected & secure.
This service is brought to you in partnership with MasterCard SecureCode and Visa Verified by Visa.
All you need to register for this service is your GTBank Hardware token and GTBank Internet Banking log-in details. To apply for GTBank Internet Banking service and Hardware Token, simply download the request forms here or visit the Guaranty Trust Bank branch nearest to you. You may also call GTConnect to obtain your Internet Banking log-in details.
The GTBank CardSecure code you assign to yourself will then be used to confirm or complete online purchases whilst shopping online at participating online merchants.
To register your card for GTBank CardSecure, click here NOW.
Avios is the reward currency of the British Airways Executive Club. With our GTBank Dollar MasterCard credit card and Visa Dollar credit card, you can start collecting Avios on virtually every dollar you spend on your card from now until 26th March 2015. It is our way of thanking you for using your card – the more you spend, the more you will earn.
How it works:
- You will earn 1 Avios point on every $2 you spend on any international POS terminal
- You can spend your Avios on a range of travel experiences including reward flights with British Airways and oneworld alliance partners, cabin upgrades, hotel stays and car hire
- Simply register to earn Avios with your GTBank Dollar MasterCard credit card or Visa Dollar credit card
Registering for the offer is easy:
- Existing British Airways Executive Club members, please visit www.gtbank.com/cards/rewards and log in to submit your 8 digit Executive Club number and GTBank Dollar credit card details.
- If you are not a British Airways Executive Club member, please visit www.gtbank.com/cards/rewards and register to receive your unique membership number then complete your registration by subsequently following the link for existing members.